Accelerator Physicist (MSc / PhD)
Job in Eindhoven, Netherlands
Research Square is founded after having identified there’s an entire market supporting academic researchers and scientist finding a job on the one hand and on the other supporting customers in the searching for the brightest
The cornerstone of our success as a specialists recruitment agency is our team working at Research Square. We all are either engineers or scientists ourselves and / or specialized in the recognizing, identifying and training of the soft skills of our employees.
We speak the language of our researchers and we understand the technical challenges of our customers. We scout, screen, select and employ the brightest candidates and connect them with the most innovative challenges available where our search is built specific to each individual customer in order to tailor their individual needs.
Whether you’re looking for an R&D position or you are looking to employ talented professionals, you can rely on Research Square to meet your needs. We partner with our clients to assess their individual specific needs and following up we pair those needs with talented scientific and research professionals from within our network to serve both parties.
At Research Square we provide consulting and direct hire staffing solutions in many areas and applications related to research and development.
Research Square has a large and diverse network ranging from large multinationals to small start-up and scale-ups. We are directly connected with R&D managers and directors seeking the best candidates available to strengthen their department and meet their technical goals smoothening and speeding up the recruitment process.
- You will develop and conduct research on custom particle accelerator systems for customers all across the world and related components within a multidisciplinary team.
- You will work from the start of the concept design phase all the way through to the end with the design validation process possibly traveling to customers internationally.
- Perform detailed calculations and simulations on ion beam transport, electrostatic or magnetostatic modeling of accelerator components and support/conduct tests for design validation
- Create scientific output and present results to scientific communities
What we offer:
- A challenging and responsible position in a technically advanced working environment
- Vast opportunities for personal development
- A fraternal home base with an informal atmosphere
- An attractive salary
- Healthy work-life balance
- Master or Ph.D. degree in Applied Physics
- Background in accelerator physics and/or electrostatic particle accelerators
- Good communication skills, both written and oral.
- Full professional proficiency English language required
- Strong skills in concept design of vacuum equipment, prototyping and detail engineering
- Decisive, responsible and pro-active attitude within the design/test team
- Result driven with a “can do” spirit
- Ability to perform under pressure with correct decision making
- A strong hands-on approach. In addition to academic background, understanding the needs in equipment development
- Product or prototype development preferably with affinity in electronics
- High-tech scientific or industrial equipment
- Cooperating with small multidisciplinary teams, while also being able to steer and lead them if necessary
- Using relevant design tools (e.g. Matlab, Mathcad, 2D/3D finite element methods (Opera)) availbale for engineers/applied physicists (advantageous)
- Design, testing and operation of accelerators and ion sources (highly advantageous)
- Previous experience with electrostatic accelerators (highly advantageous)
Please apply with your CV and cover letter by the 'apply' button below
|Education Backgrounds:||Micro / Nano Technology
|Education Level:||Postgraduate (Masters)
|Experience:||0 - 2 years
2 - 5 years
5 - 10 Years
|Job Location:||Eindhoven, Netherlands|
|Keywords:||physics, experimental, accelerator, physicist, electrostatic particle accelerators, science, high tech, research, netherlands,|